CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

My First Mother's Day

I had a great day!! Just having Elijah here healthy is the best gift I could ask for, but family just gave yhe day an extra kick. It started on friday night when my Mom came over to watch Elijah for a couple hours so Todd and I could go out to eat. We went to one of my favorite places, Red Lobster and had a great time! I spent a lot of time worrying about our little man, but we both still enjoyed our time together. Unfortunately, the following night, I paid for all the garlic that I had. He REFUSED to sleep and kept me up all night. I think I had maybe 1-2 hours of sleep, if that, so the actual day of mother's day was rough... but things got better.


I received a card from Elijah in the mail and another really sweet one that Daddy helped him pick out :) They also got me a gift card for a pedicure at a nearby spa (much needed, I may add) and a digital frame for all of the pics were going to have of Elijah! I also got some really thoughtful gifts from my parents esp for my first mother's day. I felt so special!!



Although EVERYTHING was really appreciated and loved, the BEST of all came the nights that followed. Todd took over after feedings for the following 2 nights so I could catch up on some sleep and recoup. SLEEP!!!!! That HAD to be one of the BEST gift!!



I am so glad God has blessed me with the title of "Mommy" and has given us such a great little family!

0 comments: