CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Catching Up

It's been a while since I've posted and I have lots of pics to add! Things are going really well for us right now. When he was weighed last week, he was 9 lbs. 11 oz. so I am sure he is going be near 10 1/2 lbs when we go back to the Dr. He's already grown out of some of his clothes, have moved up a size in diapers and now has some of the cutest, pinchable, cheeks.

He is "talking" up a storm and has the responsive smiling down pat. He swings in his swing and bounces in his bouncy seat, but he has a VERY short attention span and gets bored and wants to be picked up after 5-10 minutes. Needless to say, I can't get much done throughout the day UNLESS he's being carried around or attached to me in some way. Yes, I've already spoiled him but he's only little once and with me going back to work, I'm going to enjoy every minute of it and hold and love on him as much as possible. I will worry about the consequences and POSSIBLE issues later :)
SCROLL DOWN TO BOTTOM OF PAGE TO PAUSE OR STOP MUSIC TO HEAR CLIPS.


Pretty smiles for Mommy! (7 weeks old)

He also discovered his mobile a few weeks ago. I can now lay him in his crib and he will entertain himself and talk to the mobile for 15- 20 min or so. He LOVES his room and seems to find something new that catches his attention everyday. He enjoys riding or moving no matter how, whether it's in his carseat for car rides, riding in grocery carts, swinging on the awing outside or in the carrier I use to to take him out with walks for Buddy. We try to go out everyday esp. if he's having a fussy day and the change in scenery is definitely good for him. Wherever Mommy goes, Elijah goes!

Looking at his mobile on his swing.

You talkin' to me?

"Hurry up mommy! I'm ready to go outside with Buddy!"


Enjoying a beautiful day outside on the swing! (4 weeks old)

He has been taking the bottle now for about 2 weeks (we only do 1/day) and switches between nursing and the bottle with no problem. I was really worried that he wouldn't take it right away and I'd be stuck figuring thigs out when I went back to work, but he proved me wrong. I've been told that he most likely wouldn't take it from me, but he couldn't care less who was giving it to him!
Daddy getting him ready for his 1st bottle after his bath (5 1/2 weeks)
Mmmmm. Yummy!!


His cute little pooh church outfit. (6 1/2 weeks)


A few seconds of recorded tummy time.


I'll be back to add more later!!!



1 comments:

Boothbloggers said...

adorable!!! thanks for the update! he is so so cute and looks like a little man already! :) are you guys coming over on Saturday? i hope so-i want to squeeze his little cheeks too!