CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 3, 2009

36 Week Dr. Appt.

Well.......... I'll start from the beginning.

I didn't sleep well at all because of come and go contractions on top of hip pain that started up for the first time. I finally gave in and got up at 5 a.m. thinking that we MAY be meeting our little man today. I thought that if he didn't arrive today and I did make it to my appt this evening, I'd at least have some great progress under my belt and know that the time was fast approaching. The contractions weren't extremely painful so I hopped in the shower to relax, managed to get some last minute things done, and waited. The contractions continued for about another 2 hours (somewhat as strong, but not regular) and then.................... the contractions stopped. :(



We went to the appt and I have no progress at all. Not dilation, no thinning, etc. As much as I know that Little Elijah can use 3 more weeks baking in there, I was really looking forward to seeing him soon. So for those that made early predictions, you all may have to reconsider!



On the good side, I'm officially off bedrest! Dr says that he is continuing to grow well and he has a very strong heartbeat. Other than having my GBS test done, it was a pretty uneventful appt.



I have to keep reminding myself that this is what's best and it's a huge blessing making it to full term.... I'm just being a bit selfish in wanting to meet him sooner. I'm beginning to get so anxious!!!





Appt stats:

Mommy's weight: 148 (Yes, I'm STILL gaining)
His heartrate: 130- 140's

1 comments:

The McCrary Family said...

I'm sorry that you were disappointed. These last few weeks are the hardest because you're on pins and needles knowing that baby can come at any time, but you have no idea when that time will be. Good news is that just because you're not dilated or thinned out today doesn't mean that in a week from now or even just a few days, you won't be. You'll be surprised at how quickly things can or can't happen. At 37 1/2 weeks with Elaina and 38 weeks with Emily, I was dilated to 5 cm. and thinned out 80-90%. Thought for sure they were just a day or two away from their big appearance. Guess, what . . . they were both born on their due dates! In fact, the Dr. told us not to leave town with Elaina. She was certain that the baby would be there by Christmas. She was born Jan. 6th! Our babies just like to tease us. But you're right, babies are meant to be in the oven 40 weeks for a reason. Every day he's in there, he's getting stronger and stronger.