CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Was Looking So Forward to Today's Appt. and...

I ended up disappointed again. Last week I was told by the NP that "he's definitely dropped" and "he's head down and very low." Then I meet with my Dr today and hear "uhhhhh......... I want a ultrasound to be sure he's head down" and he's still pretty high!" WHAT?? I was just so upset:( On top of that, I'm only dilated a fingertip IF that. I suppose I really need get over it and count my blessings and be thankful that he's still safe in there. The ultrasound did show him as head down and fluid levels being fine so that's what's really important.

As for everything else, my hips have been bothering me and after 3 days straight of little to no sleep, ( either because of my hips or just being anxious), I was finally able to sleep through the night last night. It's gonna feel so good to be able to sleep on my back or belly again. On top of that, I'm still gaining weight, which I was fine with at first, but now that I've reached what I thought was the end, it's getting a bit irritating especially if it continues at 3lbs a week like it is now. I guess now I'm gaining all the weight that I had wanted to (and couldn't ) in the past!!


All in all, I'm doing great and still am enjoying the ride. I've had a bit of an emotional moment last night that was really unexpected. Todd and I were getting ready for bed and talking about little Elijah when he said "have you realized that this MAY be your last night of being pregnant?" That when it really hit me............ and I just started balling. I'm really going to miss ALL of this. Although I'd love to have him in my arms and my body back as my own, I'm going to miss the little man in there and all of the unexpected surprises that goes along with it. I'm going to miss every kick, turn, hop, and jab. And the hiccups........ There's just nothing like it. Pregnancy is truly a blessing that is just undescribable!

(Change topic.... before I start crying again!!)


On a lighter note, I've always heard of how some people make what they think are innocent comments to pregnant women before thinking so I'm gonna have fun with it. Here's my list so far (and I'm sure it'll grow before all is over). The Good, The Bad and the Ugly:




The "Good" :



* "You actually look like you're grown now" ( This one almost made me cry. It came from my daddy. I'm not a little girl anymore :( )

* Ahhh... You are soooo cute pregnant!"


* "You make pregnant woman look good! You are adorable!"

* "Ahh. I wanna be as cute as you!"




The "Bad":


* " You're STILL here?"

* You look ... different"

* From a nurse while checking me: " He has a BIIIIGGGG head!"


* One of my favorites came from one of the neighbors little kids: "She looks funny!" (Although I thought it was funny)


* "Ahhh!! I think your nose is starting to spread!" ( Not too bad I guess. LOL. Thanks, Ma :)




The Worst of the Worst, The "Ugly":

* (From a complete stranger) " Wow!! Are you gonna pop yet? Gosh!" (How Rude!!!!)


* Them: "I hadn't seen you in so long, I thought you already had your baby."
Me: Nope. I have a couple weeks left."
Them: "Oh. Your BIG"


* "I bet you're ready for it to be over!" (This one's not too bad; I just hate how they assume late pregnancy is horrible.)




And the Ones I Just Don't Know How to Take or Don't Know Where They Fit:


* "You look like you have a basketball under your shirt. You're ALL baby" (Which agree with)


* "You're glowing!!!" (I've never seen myself with the pregnancy glow, just some extra oily glands, LOL so I don't quite get this one! )




And last but not least, here's some pics of the little man from today's ultrasound. He wouldn't look at us or move his hand way from his face, but as usual, he did flash!!!





His cute little foot!


Him flashing once again!!


Profile shot. Look at that nose!!! (His hand is right under it... maybe he's picking, LOL)

















0 comments: