CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Another Dr Appt.... Another Hospital Visit :(

Bad news first. I ended up going back to the hospital today right after my appt, but to be honest, I don't really feel it was even needed. I had a non- stress test done at the dr's office and the little man just wasn't active enough for them. Can you believe that?????The same little man that always has my belly flipping and flopping!!! They sent me over to be monitored and I was released about 30 minutes later. I personally thought it was a waste, esp. knowing how active he is regularly; they just caught him during a nap (but of course, they weren't happy with that). While there, I also had the usual cervix check and there was no change so he's hanging in there.

Now for all the good news, no cervical change so the little man is going to be hanging around for at least a little longer. While having the non stress test, I did have contractions, but at this point, they are sorta expected and no big deal. I had an ultrasound and he's looking really good. He's measuring exactly on time at 35 weeks, is almost 6 lbs, and in the 65th percentile!!! With him being so big now, all the cute little pics are over :( He's REALLY low, in vertex position (yah!!) and the tech said that as low as he is, there is very little chance in him moving away from being head down so that was great news. I'm still set to be get off my medicaton on Sunday and I begin having my weekly appts next week as well. According to the Dr's timeline, I'll be 36 weeks then (my timeline is 4 days ahead of theirs) and they want to start seeing somekind of progress. With me being off the medication, I'm sure it'll happen pretty fast, but my goal is to make it to at LEAST 38 weeks (their time), putting him at making his appearance right around Easter. My Dr says that there is really no way to tell how I'm going to react to being med- free and that some women have went into labor the day after being off, while others go for weeks and beyond their due date and have to be induced (both of which I fear and don't want).


Appt. Stats:


Mommy's weight: 145 lbs Total weight gain to date: 29 lbs.

Baby's heart rate: 120 (per doppler), 135 (per ultrasound)

Baby's position: Still vertex!! WAY low!!

Baby's approx weight: 5 lbs, 11 oz.

0 comments: