CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

What an Amazingly Busy (and Exciting ) Week!!

What a week!!! First, we went to our 33/34 week appt and the Dr reviewed my records and said that according to my last ultrasound, my fluid levels may have been a bit low!! Why wasn't I told then???? She measured me, and sure enough, I was measuring behind so she ordered another ultrasound to check fluid levels. Unfortunately, it was near closing time and the tech was busy with others so I had to go back the next day. We went in the following week and wooo hoooo! My levels were at a 11 (up from 10 last time) and I was told that it was on the low side of a safe range, but not too low and need to worry. (14 is considered average and 8 is considered low). So, all in all, I need to increase water intake to be sure it's at least maintained to be on the safe side. The tech didn't spend any time looking at the little man, but of course, he chose to flash us once again anyway!!!!





After the appt, we met and had lunch with a possible doula. She was such a nice lady and seemed to truly love what she does. She reviewed our birth plan and she shared stories of births she's assisted in. She offered to take photos at every stage (beginning with leaving the house for the hospital), will provide us a copy of the birth story she'll write, and even offered to come over and help out when she found out that I was on bed rest. After meeting her, I knew immediately that I wanted to hire her!! She is quite knowledgable of lots of non- med alternatives and just seems to be a compassionate person. I am really WANTING to go the non- medicated natural route and hope that in the end, it works out and I can deal with it. I hear all kinds of stories of women going in with that thought in mind, but when all is over, the epidural and other medication won. I'm praying that I can make it through. I'm not saying that it's wrong not to go that way, but I personally want to go without meds (or at least as long as I can). After all, before all the advancement in medicine, women did it for YEARS without!!!



Then, to top off the week, we had our maternity photo shoot at the house. It was SOOOO much fun and the photographer, Ryan Cook, was amazing!!! He was very easy going, patient, and had lots of good ideas. We were even able to get a few with Snowball and Buddy! Although I felt HUGE in some of the shots, I can't wait to see how they came out. He showed me one pic (because of the awkward position it was taken in), and it was very cute! I'd definitely recommend him to anyone needing a photographer!!! The shoot took 2 hours and when it was all over and done, I felt every minute of it!! That evening, my back was killing me and my sciatic nerve was even worse; I could barely walk!!!! And the next morning wasn't much better!!! Despite being up and about for that long of a period, my contractions didn't pick up at all and back pain was the only thing I had to deal with :)

0 comments: