CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's a Bitter Sweet Day in Pregnancyland.

Tomorrow is officially my 36th week!! I am SO happy with knowing that the little man will be here in just a few weeks. The bittersweet part is that I'm off my medication which is great because.... well......... I'm off of it, but the down side is that I'm so nervous that the contractions will come back stronger and labor is closer than we'd want. If I'm admitted after this point, there is no more stopping them. We are very anxious to meet him, but want him to keep on baking for at least another week and be healthy enough to come home and not spend time in the NICU.

The time has flown and up to this point , I have enjoyed it. I can honestly say it was a pretty easy pregnancy (aside from dealing with the stress of being on the modified bed rest). I didn't have many of the usual issues that so many complain about. I had no morning sickness, no major mood swings (Todd says because I have them naturally, LOL), not a day of spotting, no insomnia, no kicks to the ribs (knock on wood), absolutely no heartburn, and no UTI, bladder infections, etc.

What did I have? Other than the preterm labor, let's see...... I had the leg cramps at night, "bowel issues" and headaches in the beginning, fatigue in the first tri, and sciatia this trimester. That's it. Pregnancy really wasn't what I thought it would be, but that's a good thing. I was told to expect to have pains from head to toe, constantly be nauseated and have heartburn, and that I'd have plenty of sleepless nights (because of all of the body aches, tossing a turning, and just not being able to get comfortable). Both Todd and I agree that I've been blessed with an easy pregnancy. Maybe they'll get me next time around.

My goal and wish now is that my labor and delivery will go "relatively" smooth. I'm not expecting it to be easy by any means. I just want to be able to get through with no epidural and other meds. We shall see!!!!!

1 comments:

The McCrary Family said...

Wow. I had a lot of reading to catch up on. I've been a slacker in the blogger world. (By the way, we love the RCP pic of you standing by the window in the nursery. Definitley our fav! I check Ryan's blog frequently because we have a lot of the same friends, so usually someone's pics are up that we know.) We can't wait to meet our newest nephew! Elaina prays for him every night (and so do we . . . her prayers are just cuter). Take care . . . oh, and those sleepless nights? Those don't come until AFTER baby is here. ;) You're going to be a wonderful Mommy and Todd is going to be an incredible Daddy. Much love to all three of you!