CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In Loving Memory

This weekend we got the news that Todd's Grandmother passed. Although I've personally only known her for about 4 years, I could tell she was a great lady and had a heart of gold. She was always so supportive of Todd and I and loved to talk, knit, and read. As a matter of fact, I think our first converstation with just the two of us was about a book that she recommended me to read! I remember her sharing short stories about how race relations were back when she was our age, and despite that, she always made me feel welcome and treated us as the people we are, two individuals that love each other greatly and just happen to be of different races.

She was truly one of a kind and everyone that knew her should both consider themselves lucky and a better person simply for being blessed with knowing her. Although it is sad for everyone to know that she is no longer with us, it is truly a blessing in disguise. She is now free of mind, body, and spirit and truly at peace. Baby Elijah, as well as the other little ones soon making their appearences, have another very special angel watching over them.

Grandma McCrary, you will truly be missed. You are gone, but not forgotten.

1 comments:

Boothbloggers said...

Angel-so sweet. We missed you dearly today but glad to know that you are safe at home keeping that baby inside!! I love that she made you feel that way, because that is truly how she felt. She loved you and Toddy very much. We need to get together soon. I miss you and i want to see that belly in action (in person)!! :)
love ya
kristy