CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Update From My Follow up with Dr

Wow!!!! What can I say? Prayer works and the Lord is looking over us!! I went in today for my follow up, and although I'm now officially on bedrest, everything went great.

There was no further shortening, no dilation, or other change so that alone was great news. I was told that I would be on the medication until probably 36 weeks and the bed rest time frame all depends on what my body wants to do. With me just starting the medication and it being WAY to early to deliver, she wanted to keep me on bedrest to be on the safe side and to at least get me further along to where the little man would be safe if delivered early. She explained that if everything continues with no changes, it may be lifted.

To make things even better with this situation, everything at work worked out fine as well. I am fortunate enough to have a job where most can be done at home anyways, but I have to go out at least 2-3x week to check on clients,be in the office, and attend meetings. My boss is very understanding and has agreed to having me work strictly from home so that is another huge blessing.

As for the little man, he continues to have a party in there and was really showing off at the Dr's office! The Dr was trying measure me, and couldn't get it accurately because he just wouldn't stop moving!! She would just stand back and laugh as she watched my belly flip flop around!! He kicked her the instant she put that measuring tape on me!!! I had no idea a baby could be this active! He is up from the time I wake at 8a, until PAST the time I go to bed with very little resting thoughout the day. As I sit here and type this at 12:30 am, he is STILL flipping around like crazy! I thought baby's slept too???? LOL. I think he's definitely going to be a night owl like his Mommy :)

Todd is also doing muc better. The bug has pretty much passed. I was really feeling sorry for him having to sit around, but he really needed the down time to just sit back and (somewhat) relax after the hospital ordeal. His energy is still a little low, but he is doing so much better than he was over the weekend.

Although I'm on bedrest, I'm VERY happy with the outcome of everything.!! I'll take bedrest as a sign that I need to slow down and enjoy the little things ( like every single roll and every single kick to the bladder). I couldn't have asked for everything to turn out any better!! Todd's almost back to himself, Baby's great, and overall, I'm healthy as well. I have so much to be thankful for!!

Appt stats:

Mommy's weight gain: 19 lbs (current weight: 135)
Baby's hearrate: approx 149
fundal height: 28 cm (but couldn't get accurate measure because of his movement!)

(29 Weeks, 4 days)

1 comments:

Boothbloggers said...

HEy girl- how are you doing this week? Did you have an appt today? I hope things are still going good! I have been praying for you and that little one. Please keep us posted. We love you!
Kristy (and Dean and baby booth)