CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Where Has the Time Went??? Time to Play Catch Up!!!!

Wow! It's hard to believe, but I'm now 29 weeks and all in all, it's been an easy pregnancy.... up until a few days ago. I've been keeping a little jounal throughout so I'll play catch up on here appointment by appointment first and then get to that.


17/ 18 Week Appointment
Everything went great and because of some minor cramps, I had a ultrasound done and surprise!!!!! It's a BOY!!!! He gladly showed us his little boy parts!! Both Todd and I just broke down instantly. We were so overwhelmed with joy! He was wiggling away and enjoying himself in there. The techs were amazed at how active he was!!

Unfortunately, a few days after my appt. I had what I thought was a leak and was sent to Labor and Delivery to be checked out. It ended up that it wasn't amniotic fluid, fluid levels were fine, and all test came back normal. So..... the leak was.... nothing at all . I also found out that I was having contractions ( which I couldn't feel at all) and was given a dose of terbutaline that knocked them out with the first dose. I had to follow up with my primary Dr a few days later and all was fine and he's doing great!!!


His little boy parts! Don't worry! I had no idea what I was looking at either. (It's the little part in the middle pointing down :) )


Look at that long leg!!! (17 weeks, 1 day)


Look at that beautiful profile!! ( 17 weeks, 1 day)


Stats for this appt:
* Mommy's total weight gain- 5 lbs ( current weight 121 lbs)
* Blood work results- Still slightly anemic. Put on iron supplements.
* Felt first kick this week!!!
__________________________________________

20/ 21 Week Appointment

We had the big anatomy scan today and to be honest, I was very nervous about what we may find out. We opted not to have any of the optional testing for defects early on. We just feel that if God intended us to have a special needs child, then so be it. We both agree that no matter what the outcome of test, we would keep the child and enjoy it as a great blessing no matter what so why have them to begin with!Anyways, all came out great and he is looking perfect! He's measuring on time and there were no issues seen from the ultrasound at all. We say his little kidneys, heart, stomach, and and main arterery and were amazed! We are just so blessed :)


Two little feet
Our little man scratching his head!! (20 weeks)
Appt stats:
* Mommy's total weight gain- 9.5 lbs (current weight 125.5 lbs)
* Little one's heartrate- 160 BPM
* Little ones estimated weight- 14 ounces
___________________________________________________
25 Week Appointment
Everything continues to be fine with little Elijah. Didn't have an ultrasound or anything at this appt so not much to post about other than stats.
* Mommy's total weight gain- 13lbs (Current weight 129lbs)
* Baby's Heartrate: Around 153 BPM
* Mommy's fundal height: 25 cm

_________________________________________________

28 Week Appointment (Jan. 26, 09)
I had my glucose tolerance test today and an ultrasound to check Little Man's growth. I passed with flying colors and Mr. Man is growing just as he should. He's right on track or a couple days ahead on every measurment except his femur, which was measuring 30 weeks even so we're pretty sure he's going to be a long/ tall baby!!! Had a few other tests and all came out fine.
This whole experience has been beyond amazing! He moves more and more everyday and the kicks get stronger and stronger.He now has the hiccups everyday now and I just love it! Despite seeing the numbers go up on the scale and seeing my belly expand, it's still so hard to believe that this is all real. Just knowing that God has given us this gift and has trusted me with carrying him and us with raising him is undescribable. We are so grateful. There have been so many nights where I just lay in bed with my hands on my belly just to enjoy every movement and take it all in.
Mommy's total weight gain: 18.6lbs (current weight: 134.6)
Little One's Estimated Weight: 2 lbs, 9 oz.
Little One's Position: Transverse (but has plenty time to turn)
Little One's Heartrate: Between 152- 156 BPM

__________________________________________________
29 weeks
Well, here's where things went downhill. Just 6 days after my appt, I began having what I thought were contractions. At first, I thought it was just the little man moving around, but it was going on almost all day from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed and there was no way he could be that active without rest. Well, the next day it continues and didn't seem to let up so I called my Dr.
I was seen an hour later and had test run. It was confirmed that I was having contractions and to make matters worst, the little man's heartrate had dropped a couple of times that was enough to concern them. I also found out that my cervix had shortened a bit. I was sent to Labor and Delivery immediately for preterm labor.
I get there, and they give me a shot of terbutaline to stop the contractions but it didn't help so they later gave me another..... then another.....then another.They also notice dips in his hearrate and said that if they continue to have big drops, they'd have to deliver!!!!!! Luckily, after that, I guess he decided that he wanted to remain in there and not meet us yet, because he straightned up and never had any further issues. After the 4th dose of terbutaline, they decided to try Procardia. A day and a half, about 6 doses of Procardia later, the contractions tame down enough for them to send me home BUT I have to continue to take procardia every 4 hrs in addition to being on bedrest til my next appt. on Monday. Even after the appt, the Dr's at L&D are sure I will need to stay on it. This was all really disappointing and really hard to take in. Everything was going so well throughout this pregnancy; not even a day of morning sickness. Then this happens so I was really taken aback.
Although I know it is what's best for both of us, I really fear being put on bedrest pemanently. It was bad enough having to stay in bed and stare at a TV for 2 days in the hospital; I can't imagine having 8+ weeks of that.
The good news is that the little man was great and was very active from the beginning (even before the meds so I'm sure they didn't affect him). The nurses were all going nuts because they had to keep returning to my room to re- adjust the monitor on him b/c he wouldn't stay still!! Todd was great the entire time and was very supportive. If it weren't for his strength and God's hands thoughout this, it would have been near unbearable for me.
It's amazing how much you can love and care for someone that you've never even seen or met.
Hang in there Little Man. We love you very much!!!!
Please keep us in your prayers.
Stats:
Mommy's total weight gain: 17.6 lbs ( current weight: 133.6)
Estimated baby weight: 3 lbs even

0 comments: